Tuesday, April 5, 2022

The Ghost Tracks by Celso Hurtado

 


The Ghost Tracks is a fun and fast story. It is about a young man and his best friend having to make hard decisions and live with the consequences. 


Seventeen year old Erasmo and his friend Rat, decide to start a small business helping others with supernatural experiences. They put together a little ad online and immediately receive feedback asking for their help. While helping individuals with their situations, Erasmo and Rat get more than they bargained for and begin to learn more about themselves in the process..


While the story has the supernatural vibes to it, there is very little horror. There is gore, but not overly explicit. There is language and intense violence, but not so much to cause me to cringe.

The story does not end with a cliffhanger, but there are some unanswered questions at the end. I don’t know if there will be a second book to address them, but if there is, I am definitely reading it. 


I also want to mention that the author, Celso Hurtado, has an elegant way with words. There are many good quotes to save from this book. My favorite; “But his bed felt like a tar pit, its viscous tendrils insistently pulling him back down, until his body was right back where it started.” That’s how I feel after I stay up past my bedtime reading and have to get up early the next day. 


Overall 4 out of 5 stars. For a quick, fun and introduction to mild horror/suspense, this is a book to choose.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Deading by Nicholas Belardes

 This is genuinely a wonderful story. The Deading is one of the best pieces of literary horror I have read. It guides you through so many em...