Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Briardark by S. A. Harian



 This was quite a story to get lost in. It took me a bit to really get into the story, but once it got going, it was definitely worth reading. The character development was great, the world setting was brilliant, and the story became bewitching. It is about an expedition that does not go according to plan. 


Dr. Siena Dupont and her team, also her personal friends, are on an expedition to the Alpenglow glacier. Siena, Cameron, Isaac, and Emmett, are met with odd occurrences and try to piece together what is happening. First, the glacier is completely gone. Second, there is a dead body hanging in a tree. Third, a couple of them keep seeing shadows in the forest. 


While the four are exploring and trying to understand what is happening, far away, Holden Sharpe, who works in the IT department of a University, comes across some audio files that Dr. Dupont recorded and somehow found their way to Holden. He and a co-worker, Angel, are also putting together what has happened to Dr. Dupont and her team. 


Unfortunately, this book stops on a cliffhanger. I would have preferred a conclusion to this story of some sort, but I can understand that with the length of this first novel, it is best to break it into two novels. I will most definitely be reading the second book. I need to know what is happening, how everyone is connected to the events.


I would consider this book to be a light horror novel. There are lots of anxious scenes, a lot of foreboding thoughts and feelings, and an overall sense of dread toward the end of the story. I have a feeling the second one will be darker and lots more action. 


Thank you #NetGalley and #CompassandFern for sending me the ebook. I really did enjoy this one!

#Briardark


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Deading by Nicholas Belardes

 This is genuinely a wonderful story. The Deading is one of the best pieces of literary horror I have read. It guides you through so many em...