Friday, November 4, 2022

Summerville by D. T. Neal

 



D. T. Neal has a different way of telling a story that sets him apart from other authors I have read. His writing is smooth and expressive. I have not come across an author that can take hold of my passion of reading and bring it up a level. I find myself wanting to read all of Neal’s books, because his writing is on the same volume as what I am looking for in a great book.

Summerville by D. T. Neal is the perfect horror novella. It has witty banter, horror, and human v. nature. It is not a completely tense filled horror story, but it does give you pause to think and consider the outcome after the story ends.

Three friends take a road trip to Summerville in hopes of finding 150 year old brandy. Summerville has a horrible past that it can not escape. What starts out as a fun jaunt to a little town turns into a disastrous and evil end for these three. This story is more than just a group of friends finding evil, it is about mother nature claiming its land.

For fans of Day of the Triffids by John Wyndham, I highly recommend reading this novella. For those that want a little bit of eco-horror, you should read this one as well. The rest of you, I can almost guarantee you will find D. T. Neal’s writing is fully engrossing and long after you finish this book, you will still think of the outcome and what has been left to chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Deading by Nicholas Belardes

 This is genuinely a wonderful story. The Deading is one of the best pieces of literary horror I have read. It guides you through so many em...