Saturday, November 26, 2022

Maggie's Grave by David Sodergren




In Auchenmullan, the small Scottish town, the only four remaining teengagers are surviving and on bowling and drinking. One day, a young woman is passing through and meets the four teenagers. Three of the teenagers and the newcomer decide to go check out the only cool thing in town, Maggie’s Grave. On the way to the grave, Maggie's sad story unfolds. 


This was an absorbing book for me and I read it in two sittings. It pulled me in quickly and held my attention the entire time. I didn’t have any dull moments with the story. It gave the old school vibe of how horror stories used to be written. The dark and gloomy and straight to the gore and fear. You will have to read it to see what I mean. If I explain why I got the old school vibes anymore I would have to give you spoilers. 


This is my first exposure to Sodergren. I plan to read more of his books. I have another on my TBR list that I am going to move on up the list. 


If you want a sad and scary ghost story, lots of gore, a bit of sex, and tons of blood, put this on the TBR!


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Deading by Nicholas Belardes

 This is genuinely a wonderful story. The Deading is one of the best pieces of literary horror I have read. It guides you through so many em...