Skip to main content

Maggie's Grave by David Sodergren




In Auchenmullan, the small Scottish town, the only four remaining teengagers are surviving and on bowling and drinking. One day, a young woman is passing through and meets the four teenagers. Three of the teenagers and the newcomer decide to go check out the only cool thing in town, Maggie’s Grave. On the way to the grave, Maggie's sad story unfolds. 


This was an absorbing book for me and I read it in two sittings. It pulled me in quickly and held my attention the entire time. I didn’t have any dull moments with the story. It gave the old school vibe of how horror stories used to be written. The dark and gloomy and straight to the gore and fear. You will have to read it to see what I mean. If I explain why I got the old school vibes anymore I would have to give you spoilers. 


This is my first exposure to Sodergren. I plan to read more of his books. I have another on my TBR list that I am going to move on up the list. 


If you want a sad and scary ghost story, lots of gore, a bit of sex, and tons of blood, put this on the TBR!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

101 Super Cute Cat Things to Draw: Draw, doodle, and color a plethora of purrfectly pawesome felines and quirky cat mash-ups by Lulu Mayo

  Thank you #NetGalley and author #LuluMayo for sending me a copy of this fantastic book 101 Super Cute Cat Things to Draw!! This is such a cute book! Lulu Mayo teaches us how to draw some of the cutest little cat things. It starts out with a section of using a color wheel. I love the title of one of them "Pawsitively Pretty Pastels". From there on, the author shows up 101 ways to draw a cat. Such as a cat dragon, a mushroom cat, a cat cabbage, and cats drawn as zodiac signs! Even if you don't draw all of the cats, this is definitely a must-have for all cat lovers!

The Trunk by Mia Dalia

  This was a crazy story! It starts out smooth as molasses and then gets all twisted and dark. It’s one of those stories that escalates quickly going all outta left field. Bogdan and his wife buy their first home together and it comes with a basement… with a trunk in the basement. Nothing else is down in the basement but this weird trunk. He doesn’t think too much of it at first. Until he finally decides to open the trunk. Mia Dalia writes fantastic stories. She has quite an imagination to give her stories lots of twists and turns. She told me once that she enjoys psychology and I think she writes with that in mind. Her writing style invokes humanity’s inner demons and pushes the mind to harrowing events. If you are in the mood for a quick horror story with a psychological twist, you need to read The Trunk and Smile So Red by Mia; she will dig into your brain.

The Way Back Almanac 2023 by Melinda Salisbury

  Thank you @NetGalley, @WatkinsPublishing, and #Melinda Salisbury for allowing me to read and review The Way Back Almanac 2023. This is a gorgeous book that helps you become close to nature. Whether you are on a new journey and revisiting this journey, it will have everything you need to reinvigorate your path to becoming one with nature. The book has an introduction on how and why the author, Melinda Salisbury chose each subject in each month. Then, beginning in January 2023, you can follow along. There are food recipes, recommended books to read, ideas/recipes on how to care for yourself and lots of space to take notes. This would be a fabulous Christmas gift!