Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Dracula Beyond Stoker Issues 1.5




There are two quick stories in Dracula Beyond Stoker. Mia Dalia’s In Ink, In Blood and Jessica Gleason’s Reinfield in America: A Blog.

In Ink, In Blood. This is written like a personal diary of a young child that finds the true magic of reading books. They get to experience the words and illustrations in a unique, remarkable kind of way and form lifelong connections to the characters of some books. This is a unique story that ended way too fast! I would love to see this as a novella. There are so many adventures that could take place. I enjoy Dalia’s writing and her unique imagination with stories. This is the second story I have read and I do hope to read more.

Reinfield in America: A Blog: A quick story between Dracula and one of his servants having an online fight. Dracula is just wanting some time away and his servant is upset about it. A really entertaining short! I wasn’t sure what to expect with this one. I don’t really gravitate towards reality-type stories, but this one was so much fun! I got quite a few chuckles with it. Gleason has a wittiness kind of style to her writing in this story. I have not read anything else by Gleason, so I don’t know if this is a common writing style. I am going to have to find out!

If you have an hour to spend, pick this up over Amazon. I think it’s very entertaining and it will expose you to a couple of awesome new authors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Deading by Nicholas Belardes

 This is genuinely a wonderful story. The Deading is one of the best pieces of literary horror I have read. It guides you through so many em...