Skip to main content

Devourers Tales by Steven Bazydlo





This is such a weird and outstanding collection of short stories. Some of them are so far out there, I had a blast reading them. There are twenty stories altogether. They range from the supernatural, to serial killer, to post-apocalypse and everything else in between and more.

Bazydlo has a distinctive type of writing. It is so imaginative and different from many authors that sets him in a different category all to himself. If there are other authors like him, I have not found them yet. It is like a mix of horror, human psyche, science fiction, and otherworldliness. He takes such a simple subject and throws this huge spin on it and it leaves you thinking, how the hell did he come up with this??

I can’t break down these stories because some of them are just so unique. I could never put into words what they are about. Anything I say would give away too much. However, my most favorite story in this collection is definitely The Forge Mother. It’s a dystopian story of humanity’s future and what evolutionary changes we need to go through to survive. It is so bizarre and amazing, I will remember it for the rest of my life.

I highly recommend this collection if you are in need of something different to absorb and reflect on each story. This is one of those collections that I can guarantee, one of those stories (or more) will have an impact on you.

What do you think of this cover?? Freaking hell.. LOL

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

101 Super Cute Cat Things to Draw: Draw, doodle, and color a plethora of purrfectly pawesome felines and quirky cat mash-ups by Lulu Mayo

  Thank you #NetGalley and author #LuluMayo for sending me a copy of this fantastic book 101 Super Cute Cat Things to Draw!! This is such a cute book! Lulu Mayo teaches us how to draw some of the cutest little cat things. It starts out with a section of using a color wheel. I love the title of one of them "Pawsitively Pretty Pastels". From there on, the author shows up 101 ways to draw a cat. Such as a cat dragon, a mushroom cat, a cat cabbage, and cats drawn as zodiac signs! Even if you don't draw all of the cats, this is definitely a must-have for all cat lovers!

The Trunk by Mia Dalia

  This was a crazy story! It starts out smooth as molasses and then gets all twisted and dark. It’s one of those stories that escalates quickly going all outta left field. Bogdan and his wife buy their first home together and it comes with a basement… with a trunk in the basement. Nothing else is down in the basement but this weird trunk. He doesn’t think too much of it at first. Until he finally decides to open the trunk. Mia Dalia writes fantastic stories. She has quite an imagination to give her stories lots of twists and turns. She told me once that she enjoys psychology and I think she writes with that in mind. Her writing style invokes humanity’s inner demons and pushes the mind to harrowing events. If you are in the mood for a quick horror story with a psychological twist, you need to read The Trunk and Smile So Red by Mia; she will dig into your brain.

Dark Corners of the Old Dominion: A Virginia Horrors Anthology, edited by Joseph Maddrey and Michael Rook.

All proceeds from this book will be given to the Scares that Care program.  This anthology is a collection of 23 stories and poetry. Each author has a section of Virginia to set their story in. This collection of stories takes readers to the darkest corners of the Old Dominion, where secrets and horrors await. It features stories from some of your favorite authors, as well as new-to-you voices.  Brian Keene writes the foreword. He discusses the act of love and how it unites us all. The power of love is one action that helps Scares that Care be successful.  The stories are about cryptids, human horrors, empty towns, ghosts, and historical horror.  It is a unique blend of different horrors. It would be hard to choose one favorite out of this collection. Every single story was enjoyable, and it introduced me to authors I had not heard of before. I definitely recommend this to all horror lovers. There is something for everyone.