Monday, August 8, 2022

Into the Forest: Tales of the Baba Yaga Edited by Lindy Ryan, Written by many authors

 Into the Forest: Tales of the Baba Yaga.


This is a book of 22 short stories and one poem all about Baba Yaga. All of the stories are written by women. Each story is a rendition of who the author thinks Baba Yaga is and tells her story. 


Many of the stories are dark and elegant. They depict Baba Yaga as evil with good intentions or a woman scorned by humanity. There is sadness and happiness in these short stories. 


I have no favorites of these. They all touched my heart in one way or another. I will be getting a copy of this book to have in my personal library once it is released. I also think this would make a great gift for any of our witchy friends and family. Especially if they love the story of Baba Yaga.


Thank you #NetGalley and #BlackSpotBooks for letting me read and review #IntotheForest.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Deading by Nicholas Belardes

 This is genuinely a wonderful story. The Deading is one of the best pieces of literary horror I have read. It guides you through so many em...