Monday, June 26, 2023

Duck For Cover and Other Tales by Barbara Venkataraman


 

Here is a collection of 14 stories. Some hilarious, some clever, and most have a dash of mirth.

Barbara Venkataraman easily took some common adages and put a clever twist to them. Such as the stories A Dish Best Served Cold, Duck For Cover, and I’ll Drink to That. You know what those sayings mean, but Venkataraman changed it up, and it is hilarious! My favorites from this collection are The Yes Man, Duck For Cover, and My Canadian Girlfriend. You need to read this collection and let us know your favorites!

The book isn’t long, it can be read in a day. For some friendly chuckles and afternoon entertainment, give this little nugget a try. See, her writing style is catching… I’m now putting a new meaning to common words. Go grab your favorite drink, and down the hatch with words and drinks! Okay, I should probably stop now.

Thank you, Barbara, for this delightful book of humor. I enjoyed it and laughed out loud often.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Deading by Nicholas Belardes

 This is genuinely a wonderful story. The Deading is one of the best pieces of literary horror I have read. It guides you through so many em...