Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Tombstones by J. D. Allen





Out of all the J. D. Allen books I’ve read, this is my favorite one. It’s different from most any

short stories out there. I’ve said it before, J. D. Allen is a great writer that needs more love.

I haven’t been disappointed yet. 

Sheriff Ridio is having an eventful day. The City of Luna Vista is having a crazy day, too. Over at the cemetery, tombstones are rising from the cursed ground. Names are on the tombstones of the current living. Then, the deaths begin. Horrible, gruesome deaths.

This little story gave me quite an uneasy feeling. There are some grisly and ghastly scenes that definitely had me cringing. You might need a strong stomach for this one. It isn’t over-the-top horrible stuff though. I think it was just the right amount for the types of scenes he writes. 


I have read almost every book J. D. Allen has written. It’ll be a sad day when I run out of his books. I like his writing, obviously, and his stories are a nice, quick detour from the horror stories that are popular today. If you want a fast, fun, and horrifying story, you definitely need to grab a J. D. Allen book. There are so many to choose from!


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Deading by Nicholas Belardes

 This is genuinely a wonderful story. The Deading is one of the best pieces of literary horror I have read. It guides you through so many em...