Monday, December 19, 2022

The Void: 15 Creepy Tales by Chad Miller



 I have decided that Chad Miller is becoming one of those authors that I will always grab his latest book. I enjoy his writing quite a bit. While he can be straight to the point and direct, he is also great at spending time with the details of an important scene. He can set the tone and the scene with ease. I imagine, given time, his writing will only improve. He definitely has the skills as a great story teller.


His collection of 15 short stories, The Void, is a great introduction to his writing. Miller puts a lot of heart into his stories and it shows with these fifteen tales. There is a story of revenge, regret, the supernatural, sadness, love, and an odd and weird story (called Tall Tale). My favorite story of them all is The Beast Awakens. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Deading by Nicholas Belardes

 This is genuinely a wonderful story. The Deading is one of the best pieces of literary horror I have read. It guides you through so many em...