Friday, December 30, 2022

Useless Creatures by Jay Bower

 


When I read Jay Bower’s Dead Blood (Book 1), I knew I would end up reading some of his other books. I decided to read Useless Creatures as the next book. It is just as entertaining as Dead Blood and Hanging Corpses. 


Jacquie Arnold and Nikki Bilderback both receive text messages demanding they follow the instructions of the text or they will witness the suffering of a loved one. They are given a set time and place, and must follow the instructions specifically. 


The story picked up really quick and was fast throughout the entire story. While it held my attention the entire time, I did find that the girls accepted the situation a bit too easily. I realize that this is unrealistic given that it is a fictional story, but I wanted more fear and anger before the demands were hashed out to victims. I got a brief level of pain and anger and then all of a sudden, gore and destruction. 


With that, I would still recommend the story. It was a lot of fun and the ending has a nice plot twist that many people won’t see coming. This would be a good story to fill in a slot on your reading challenge for one of the deadly sins or a book under 300 pages (204 pages according to Goodreads). 


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Deading by Nicholas Belardes

 This is genuinely a wonderful story. The Deading is one of the best pieces of literary horror I have read. It guides you through so many em...