Thursday, September 8, 2022

The Whispering Policeman by Elizabeth J. Brown



 The Laughing Policeman by Elizabeth J. Brown

I picked this book up mostly because of the cover. It reminds me of the game We Happy Few. Then I read the synopsis and I knew I needed to read this. Boy, am I glad I got a hold of this book! This story is fast and furious!


Detective Constable Stephen Anderson is one hell of a detective. He is committed to his job, his family, and his friends. He is an all around well loved guy. One evening, after a significant case is closed, Stephen is enjoying a night out with his work buddies to celebrate. At the end of the festivities, he heads home, to a horrible sight. Stephen’s world comes crashing down around him.


Time passes.Then one night, Stephen wakes up, disoriented. He has no idea where he is or what has happened. Thus begins a story of horror, possession, magic, and gruesome scenes. 


Elizabeth J. Brown is a superb writer. The world building, character development and overall engrossing story, leave me begging for more. I need to read what happens next. While I wait for that book, I am going to read her other book, The Foundling.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Deading by Nicholas Belardes

 This is genuinely a wonderful story. The Deading is one of the best pieces of literary horror I have read. It guides you through so many em...