Wednesday, September 14, 2022

The Buzzard Zone by Ronald Kelly


 If you have seen the movie Train To Busan, then you know what I mean when I say this book is so full of emotion. For my very first Ronald Kelly book, I went with The Buzzard Zone. This is definitely a book meant for my bookshelf. 


This is a story about Levi Hobbs and his family surviving the zombie apocalypse. His family lives in Tennessee up in the mountains. At first they were pretty safe from the Biters. But soon, that luck changes and they are forced to leave their home. 


I know it seems the zombie genre is overplayed and is everywhere. Ronald published this book 4 years ago, so at that time, it was getting really popular. His story of the apocalypse is so well written, I wish I had read this as one of my first stories about zombies. This kind of writing is why I keep going back to a good zombie apocalypse book. 

I highly, highly, recommend this book for all zombie enthusiasts. For everyone else, if you can ignore the fact that this is about zombies, you will read a magnificent story.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Deading by Nicholas Belardes

 This is genuinely a wonderful story. The Deading is one of the best pieces of literary horror I have read. It guides you through so many em...