Monday, February 13, 2023

La Petite Mort by Eli Wilde, self published






I really enjoy the writing of Eli Wilde. He is another author that once introduced to me, I had to grab his other stories as soon as I could. You might have seen his other book recently, The Scent of Liver, which is fantastic by the way. If you like some  light-horror poetry, definitely put this on the TBR!


This book is strictly poetry. It has themes of blood, death, love and sadness. 


Rufus Hobster, a vampire, is also a poet. In this little book of poetry, we  spend time with Rufus and how he views life living as a vampire. Along his journey, he meets Elise, who he quickly falls in love with. Filled with words straight from Rufus’ heart to paper, we read how the relationship evolves from needing Elise next to him at all times, to an ending where he is left all alone. 


This summer, Rufus Hobster will have the first of a novel trilogy released. The second novel will be released in the summer of 2024. I’m looking forward to this! 


I can’t get over the cover art for Eli Wilde’s books either. Look at these!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Deading by Nicholas Belardes

 This is genuinely a wonderful story. The Deading is one of the best pieces of literary horror I have read. It guides you through so many em...