Friday, February 3, 2023

Paroxysm of Fear, Book Two by Chad Miller, Hear Our Voice LLC


 

When I think back on reading Prisoner of Fear by Chad Miller, I realize two things: One, I enjoy the light horror stories set in the 19th century; Two, I found a new favorite author that I will stalk and buy every book he writes and make him sign every single one of them (as long as my wallet says it’s okay). 


Then, Chad Miller released book two, Paroxysm of Fear, and I learned another lesson. Miller is just now getting started in what I think will be a very long productive writing career. He really kicked it up a notch on this second book. 


All those feelings from book one? They are twice as dark and devastating. There is more evil and gore in this story, and I loved every single minute absorbed in it. The format of diary entries is the exact same which makes moving from book one to book two, smooth and easy to jump right back in. You form a stronger bond with the main characters in Paroxysm of Fear, the world and scenes are vivid and clear as day, so you get to feel the emotions and fears while the story progresses. The story starts off right where the first book ended, and it just keeps rolling with punches to the gut and in the end you yell to the walls…”noooooo!!!!!”. How could you Chad?? 


Put this set on your TBR list. I want to know what you all think of the ending!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Deading by Nicholas Belardes

 This is genuinely a wonderful story. The Deading is one of the best pieces of literary horror I have read. It guides you through so many em...